Local 2/Hospitality Industry Child & Elder Care Plan
Elder Care & Disability Benefits

The Elder/Disabled Care Benefit helps pay for care for an elder or disabled relative. As part of this benefit, the Plan also contracts with Self Help for the Elderly, an organization that offers counseling if you would like to discuss your relative’s current situation or want referrals to appropriate services.

Eligible Relatives: Relatives who are eligible for this benefit include the participant’s spouse, domestic partner, child over the age of 13, parent, current parent-in-law, or grandparent.

Ineligible Expenses: No reimbursement will be paid for care provided by the participant or their spouse or domestic partner. The cost of prescription drugs also cannot be reimbursed.

To Qualify for This Benefit: You must demonstrate that your relative has a serious need for the services of a caregiver. Successful applicants for this benefit typically provide:

  • A Doctors (Green) Form filled out by the relative’s doctor, or documentation from In-Home Support Services, that shows that the participant’s relative has a seriously disabling condition and requires assistance to perform basic daily activities. Qualifying relatives often have restricted mobility or severe dementia, or are blind, autistic, or bed bound.
  • Evidence that the participant is currently paying, or will pay, for the services of a caregiver.
Elder/Disabled Care Benefit Description Forms Required
Reimbursement: $160/Month
  • Reimburses expenses associated with the care of an elder or disabled relative. Relative can be a participant’s spouse, domestic partner, child 13 years or older, parent, current parent-in-law, or grandparent.
  • Reimbursable expenses must be related to the relative’s health or well-being.
  • Also includes counseling and referral services related to care for elders or disabled relatives. Some services counselors can help you arrange include:
    • Caregiving services
    • In-home Support Service
    • Home delivered meals
    • Adult Day Services
    • Translation
    • Medi-Cal
    • Emergency In-home Support Service
    • Transportation services
  1. Copy of birth, marriage, and/or domestic partnership certificates linking the relative to the participant. (Example: If relative is participant’s parent-in-law, submit copies of the spouse’s birth certificate and participant’s marriage certificate.)
  2. Copy of relative’s Social Security card or document with SS# on it.
  3. Proof of relative’s residence: copy of Social Security or SSI check, senior ID, or letter from a doctor or insurance company about recent services addressed to your relative. This proof must be from within the last 90 days.
  4. Doctors (Green) Form or IHSS certification letter from within the last 14 months.

Related Materials:


Director – Louise Rush

Program Coordinator –
Yuritzy Rodriguez

Payment Coordinator –
Beatrice Mai

Monday & Wednesday
8:30 AM – 4:45 PM

Telephone NumberPhone
(415) 864-0506


Click for MapVisit Us
247 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102