Local 2 Hospitality Industry Child & Elder Care Plan
The Child & Elder Care Benefits Program is administered by the San Francisco Culinary, Bartenders and Service Employees Health and Welfare Trust Fund and funded by contributions from Participating Employers.
You are eligible to participate in the Child & Elder Care Benefits Program if you meet two requirements:
- Your employer must make contributions to the Child & Elder Care Benefits Program. Check the list of Participating Employers to find out if your employer contributes.
- You must work enough hours or shifts to qualify. Check with your employer or your union for more details.
The Child & Elder Care Benefits Program helps eligible participants pay for newborn expenses, child care, youth programs, and care for elderly or disabled relatives. For teens and their parents, we also offer SAT and ACT test prep courses and workshops on the college admissions process. Visit our Benefits section for more details.
On this website, you can also find:
- How to Apply for Benefits.
- How to Get Paid Benefits once you are enrolled.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- The History of the Program
- Child & Elder Care Plan Brochure
- New! Elder/Disabled Care Applicants – This year you can complete your application process during the pre-application sessions. This means if you bring all the required paperwork for your relative, you will not need to return in July. Please check our website or the Plan brochure for specifics on paperwork.
- Pre-Application Elder/Disabled Benefit Schedule at Child & Elder Care Office from 11 a– 5p: June 10: A – M …… June 12: N – Z. Example: L. Rush pre-applies on June 12.
- Summer SAT College Prep Offered
- Application Time - New applications must be submitted annually for another year of benefits (September – August). Apply in July so that we can grant benefits in September. Application packets are mailed in May to prepare for application days for elder/disabled care (July 1 & 2) and child care (July 8-12).
- In April and May, we will be confirming caregiving arrangements with informal child care providers and elder/disabled providers. Please alert your provider that s/he may be receiving a call from us.
o We’re offering SAT and ACT college prep courses to students who will be 11th and 12th graders in the Fall of 2019. Check our website for a detailed course schedule.
o Parent meeting (important!) on June 5th @ 5p to register students for the SAT or ACT prep class.
o Tentative SF location: City College of San Francisco in the Mission. We are also exploring a college prep course location in the East Bay.